RCU Forums - View Single Post - Royal-FW190A8
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 01:52 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Royal-FW190A8

it makes it rather dificult to do the TW since it sits so far back in the fuse it will be interesting solving the set of problems that come with it, fw190a8 good idea using blind nuts.

tonight was Basketball play offs,notice a theme here,and the beginning of my first real deviation from the royal plans,having built a couple of Top Flight kits I am sort of following there general theme in building up the structure instead of the balsa chunks that come with the kit,although I will be using the wood parts to cut out ply crutches for bracing the tail area and integrating them into the rear former hopefully saving some weight and carving time in the process.

the rudder is pretty much constructed per the plans,top and bottom blocks carved to shape,lucky for me the blocks were pre-cut so I just traced the shape out and cut them out on the little scroll saw,some simple rib structure and a 3/32 balsa sides and a rudder is born.

for the V-stab I extended the leading,and trailing edge, so the leading edge will sit on the crutches I will add for the H-stab,and the trailing edge will double as the fuse end in one single piece adding strength to the rudder making it and the fuse a single joined part,bypassing the log that was filling the space there, I am hoping this will free up some of the area that I will need for the tail wheel and the mech.to make it work.
I also added and moved the ribs for the V-stab so that I can use 1/16 sheeting so that I can save some weight and get a nice light tail assembly.

the kit has a nicely cut blocks of wood that I will trace out to make the elevator crutches and adjust to make sure the incidence is properly set,the way things are going I would like to get to the fuse work by next week,I am waiting on my retract order,with some servos, so I will be hitting the scroll saw to cut the formers out,not too flashy but necessary.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21416.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	943899   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44811.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	943900