RCU Forums - View Single Post - enforcing sound limits
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 12:26 PM
Tim_Indy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default enforcing sound limits

I agree with little extra that if a rule is on the books, then it should be consistently enforced at all contests. My BME 102 had no problem making the noise limits last and this year, but I really can imagine that if I HAD spent money to get quiet with pipes and 3 bladers, then I wouldn't want to hear that I really didn't need to do it.

I don't buy into the "conspiracy" angle, and both the IMAA and (especially) the TOC are another deal entirely. I do understand that some fields don't have a noise issue, but another way to look at it is to understand that the SPORT does have a growing noise issue. I still remember the SHERIFF'S arrival at the Brazil, Indiana IMAC several years ago to shut it down! We've also lost some IMAA events when the bigguns arrived with their prop rippin' engine snarling bigguns. They had fun for the day, but the CLUB had to answer question after everyone had left about noise, overflying, etc. I've no problem with IMAC leading the way with noise restraints, I just think that any rule that on the books should be consistently enforced at ALL meets, so that one setup meets all requirements.

just my .02 cents........