RCU Forums - View Single Post - enforcing sound limits
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 02:02 PM
little xtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes i do fly IMAC

i have been flying IMAC for about three years now,i am currently flying a 3w 40%EXTRA with cans and a three blade prop and still searching for a little bit quieter set-up even though i am leagal.i agree,there has been somewhat of a decrease in sound but the fact remains that the rules are not enforced,that is the whole topic here.and as far as the TOC is concerned,that should not be a whole different topic.if it werent for the TOC,IMAC would not be as big as it is today,and certainly everybody wouldnt be flying 40%airplanes as much as they are today if it werent for them pushing it.i fly Advanced in IMAC and i still see unlimited pilots (well known)with outdated setup's and not even trying to get quite.all i am asking is why dont the contest enforce the rules that the sound task team originally set out to do.if it is up to the CD,then i guess i will have my back up plane with a stock set up so i can "rip" with the best of them.i would like to hear from someone who may be regional director their side of the story.