RCU Forums - View Single Post - enforcing sound limits
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Tim_Indy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default enforcing sound limits

Originally posted by rcplanefan
Usually, I try not to repond to rants like this, but in this case, I felt compelled. Are you flying in IMAC contests? Have you been flying for more than 1 year?
Rant? I personally thought the question was legitimate, especially since I had thought the same thing myself. After all, we ARE talking about several hundred dollars difference when one adds pipes and a three blade prop to his combination to meet a standard that largely is unenforced. I do feel that if a rule is important enough to have on the books, it should be important enough to enforce. If you're not going to enforce it consistently, then take it off the books.

I've been flying IMAC for several years, and I don't want to feel that the IMAC "elite" side of any policy discussion is valid, and my side is only a "rant".

BTW, like I originally said, noise is a SPORT problem not just IMAC, and saving fields is imperative if we're to have a place to fly. I definitely agree that planes should be held to a noise standard, and mine will always meet that standard.