RCU Forums - View Single Post - enforcing sound limits
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 06:59 PM
rcplanefan
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rant?

Tim,

The question sounds to me like a "rant" when it ends with "tired of the non-sense." The sound rule has been enforced at EVERY contest I have been to since it was imposed last year. Every plane has been dB'd and the sound scores have been posted in every round. Our regional directors have made it clear that there will be NO contest in the NC region that doesn't enforce the sound rule. Which, by the way, I agree with.

It appears that you believe from my questions that I wouldn't consider his opinion valid if he wasn't flying for more than a year. Nope. But if you have only been flying for the past year (or if you don't participate much), then it would be hard to compare what you see now with what you would have seen before the noise rule was imposed.

I'm not sure who the "IMAC elite" are that you are referring to. Sure as hell isn't me. I have never even won a contest. I do participate as much as I can, but I sure don't see how that makes me "elite."

You are right about the noise issue. My home field in Cinci is considering imposing limits because of some complaints we have had here. I applaud IMAC for taking a lead (even if it was forced on them). I only hope that other large scale organizations look into it as well.

I'm out of this discussion.

BTW, it was good seeing you last weekend. I wish you and Pugs could have made Sunday. It was a nightmare weatherwise, but Kurt showed us all how it should be done in WIND!

Ken