RCU Forums - View Single Post - SHOULD I BUY A DISCONTINUED NIB SAITO 120???
Old 05-07-2008, 11:09 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SHOULD I BUY A DISCONTINUED NIB SAITO 120???

ORIGINAL: Ed Cregger

I stopped buying YS engines for two reasons. Yes, the first is the need for 20% and higher fuel, but the second, equally important, reason is that they change their engines and discontinue engines too often. I do not enjoy chasing parts all over the country when something breaks. Saito is quickly gaining ground on YS in this regard. I mean, how many 1.00 to 1.25 engines do you need to offer?

Ed Cregger
Ed, both OS and Saito are revamping their engine lineups right now. You can see the modernization with some overlap with the older models. OS did end the .46FX and .50SX engines quickly though. My opinion is that the .50SX should have continued.

The candidates for being dropped by Saito appear to be the .56, .72, and the 1.20 engines since newer models are sprinkled around these sizes. The .56 and .91 are great engines and I hope they aren't discontinued! I was lucky to find a NIB Saito .30GK last year for a good price after it was dropped for import into the U.S.

Evolution also has a confusing lineup with the .40 Alpha, .455 PTS, and .46NT engines.