RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Pack for Transmitter ?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:52 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lipo Pack for Transmitter ?

I have had nothing but disappointment and frustration with NiMh Tx battery packs. Perhaps I have not been buying Tx packs from the right source, but I never seem to get the rated performance out of NiMh Tx packs. They seem to loose their charge in a short period of time requiring me to constantly be charging every few days. I tried following the manufacturer's directions and Forming the cells with three cycles at a low rate, but they still do not seem to hold their charge.

Another frustrating thing is that my chargers seem to False Peak with NiMh Tx packs. I will charge a 2500Mah pack at 700Mah and it will False Peak in 5 minutes, sometimes.

I am using Triton and Triton 2 chargers with the proper settings. I have two 9303 Tx's, one 8103, one Futaba 9c, and one Futaba 8AUPS.

All Tx's have 3cell LiPo 2500Mah packs and have been working fine with these packs for over a year. The charge seems to hold up for weeks, with regular use and charge time is only 1 hr or so.

I do not know why the NiMh Tx packs have been so unreliable since my JR NiMh receiver packs have held their charge normally.

I have switched to 2cell LiPo packs for my receivers, for lightness, and I have had no problems. LiPo's have held their charge much longer than NiMh.