RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lipo Pack for Transmitter ?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 01:58 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lipo Pack for Transmitter ?

I fly electrics as well as Gas, Glow, and Turbines. Since I like to fly Indoor Electrics, in the winter, I have all the gear I need to Charge and Maintain LiPos. I agree they need to be handled carefully. I use an FMA Cellpro 4S charger to balance and charge my TRUERC Tx LiPo packs via the PQ Balancing Tap on the batteries. They charge just like any other LiPo pack. I use an Astroflight 109 charger for my Lithium Ion Receiver packs as well as my Triton and Triton2 chargers.

Non of my transmitters have any settings, in the programming, for Battery Voltage. Perhaps there are some Tx's that have settings in the programming, but I have never seen that.

I am aware that JR does not recommend using LiPo Tx packs with their XP9303 radio. The companies that advertise and sell LiPo Tx packs, that I have spoken to, were confident that I could use LiPo packs, with the Tx's I own, without an additional Voltage Regulator. That does not mean that there is no risk. There are some newer Tx's that are being shipped with LiPo Tx packs.