RCU Forums - View Single Post - Meister Scale 108/118" ZERO
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 04:43 PM
Luxuswaffe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meister Scale 108/118" ZERO

There are 2 build threads about the Meister Scale Zero on RCU. Since those are years old and not updated I decided to bring up a brand new build thread on the 108-118 inch Meister Scale Mitsubishi Zero.

First thing I do is to read anything I can get about the desired plane.
Literature is plentiful in stock about this famous fighter plane. I highly recommend the book "Samurai!" from Saburo Sakai who scored 64 victories in combat.
Sakai was never being deadly shot down himself and became a recognized veteran and ambassador after the war.
Also recommendable are diverse technical books with graphics, illustrations and pictures. The books will help me to make the Zero to nearest scale.

Due to the size and affordable capital to build this plane, I partnered up with 'pittss3s' who shares the same RC club with me in Cape Coral, Florida! We will be having tons of fun and cold beer during this build.

Between order and delivery of the Full Kit from Meister lied about 10 weeks. Therefore you get a white cardboard box with all required wood parts - lasercut.
Broken parts during transport can easily glued together and are of no means to the excellent overall quality of the kit.
Also the fiberglass parts are coming with rivets and lines already incorporated. As driving power we decided on the Fuji BT 86 twin engine.
The Zero will completely encowl the engine. The sound of a twin engine is just awesome, the power should be more than enough for this 35/40 lbs plane.
The single prop shaft is in favour over shafts that will need 5 hole precision drills.

Let's begin with a list of glues and additional building material.

From the Hobby Shop:

Thin CA, large bottle
Medium CA, large bottle
Thick CA, large bottle
Accelerator, Zip Kicker
Epoxy – 30 min. XL-bottle
Epoxy – 6 min. XL-bottle
Brushes and cups
Xacto Kit Set
Razor saw, large and small
Mitre
T-Pins