RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)
Old 05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
critterhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)

Printed out the latest messages to read later over a smoke so no responses for now. Just a quick blurb about the Go Brushless custom magnet a 5 turn wind we did for my Stryker. From memory (have the data written down somewhere), I think it's putting out about 36 ounces of thrust at 31 amps on a 6x5.5 prop. I can probably go to a less turn wind and still get great V while increasing top speed, but I want to play with props on this one first. Hasn't flown yet. I've also found a way to slick my streamlined Stryker even further [8D] , and will have updates with pictures on that soon. Haven't been on much lately due to trade school and other things taking up my time.

By the way: While doing various thrust and amp measurements on the motor we also tried a few different fully charged 3 cell lipo packs. I had read in the past that the HXT series of Hobby City lipos hold their voltage under load better than the Loong Max, but that the Loong Max have a more "true" capacity. Interestingly enough, we tested a HXT lipo that was broken in properly and only has maybe 20 or 30 cycles on it versus a Loong Max of the same 20C 2250ma size and found that the Loong Max put out max thrust. Both packs were fully charged and read within .1 volts of each other. The only factor that may have thrown off the results was the HXT pack is roughly 5 or 6 months old while the Loong Max is about a month or two old.