RCU Forums - View Single Post - King Motors Baja Review with pictures
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2008, 09:21 PM
brent1972indy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: King Motors Baja Review with pictures

ORIGINAL: u9511160

nofords, Be prepared to wait 1 month for your baja. 1 month after you pay.

If you've been following the thread, v*tec does not have stock of those. He orders from China and ships them out after they arrive.
Also, he is not on the same timezone with us, or he really has a weird sleep pattern . All the replies from him arrived at like 2 AM in my inbox (i'm on EST).

For anybody that's watching this thread, let's make v*tec do correct bussiness. In order to make money, he has to invest money. He's not investing anything, this causes us to wait for the KM baja's a lot of time.
I waited 4 weeks from vtec after payment. I left positive feedback but told of poor shipping process within the feedback. I then realized that I needed a set of back up wheels and tires but had trouble finding a set for a reasonable price. Tower is out of the wheels for the fhmt and besides, the white really wouldn't go well with a camo humvee. So I saw vtec was selling a set and I emailed him first to ask if I would have to wait a month for these too and he replies...

Hi,

I have all of my product in my warehouse, the only thing is that this is the side thing that i do, hence shipping and e-mails are a little bit slower.
I try to ship all of my product within 4 days.

Thanks,
Vitali

I bit the bullet,rolled the dice and bought a set from vtec for $115 shipped and am waiting for them now. He actually shipped within 2 days, now I just have to wait a week probably for them to get here. Canada is stupid.

The reason I needed a set of wheels is because 2 minutes after starting the beast for the first time I hit a mailbox and broke the center of the rear wheel out. I used gorilla glue to jimmy rig the wheel back together and it did not hold well. Gorilla glue is great on my foam airplane...Not on this beast. I then tried some 2 part epoxy and a tank and a half later it is still working great.

Also broke a ball cup and upper suspension arm. I ordered those parts and other cheap spares that night from Tower and also a pico diemaster failsafe from DDM. They were both at my door in 3 days...Awesome service from both places!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33699.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	948978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68617.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	948979