RCU Forums - View Single Post - EqualizerII, Futaba 7C, dual elevator servos
Old 05-15-2008, 06:20 PM
bbellfly
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EqualizerII, Futaba 7C, dual elevator servos

Hi rrritchey,

I am sure through the threads you may have already addressed this question. I looked for a bit, but didn't see it. I did notice that elevator halves was diusccuesed. I am somewhat new to the world of R/C components. Please forgive me if I missed something you've already posted.

I am building a Goldberg Edge 540 67". Never knew it was a problem setting this plane up using the Futaba 7C. Don't get me wrong, this is the first time I have encountered a problem with this radio's ability. Other than that I like the radio alot.

My components are; Futaba 7C, Futaba R168DP, HS 635HB ( 2 ailerons, 2 elevator, 1 rudder), Futaba 3004 (1 throttle)

My problem; Running flapperons to accomodate two Aileron servos, the only way to accomodate dual elevator servos (as per Bax on Futaba support) would be y-harness or P-Mix. A normal y-harness would cause me to have to remove and replace linkages already fixed in the airplane. If I don't have to make these changes it would be better for me. When connecting and programming the P-Mix I came up with a problem. Using ch2 (master)and ch5 or 7 (slave) and mechaniclly trimming the two elevator halves, I end up with this problem. " When moving the elevator up, the left elevator half travels further up after the right side stops. When moving the elevator down, the right elevator half travels further down after the left side stops".

Again, Bax from Futaba told me it had to be adjusted in the RT %'s. I tried and it got worse.

My questions;
1) Is the Equalizer II somewhat of a full adjustable, reversible, y-harness? (accommodates 2 servos, and plugs into 1 channel (ch2) of the receiver, and allows the full adjustment of bottom end point, top end point, center and reverse for each servo)
2) Or does it take an Equalizer II for each servo, and plugs into 2 different channels.
3) Is the Equalizer II the right fix for my Elevator problems with the 7C.

Thanks for your help....