RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 12:27 AM
linkadrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Welcome to Club SAITO !

Well i'm back to ask anothe4r dumB question.. Maybe not real dumb i looked at the recomended Size props for my Saito .72 engine. I have been using a 12X8 on it for a long time. But i'm wanting to get more power out of the engine or speed i guess. and was wondering what props would be good to acheive the result. i can't go up to 13 inch props cause i dont have the ground clearance. I guess i could make the trainer a Tail dragger to get more clearance but i like it the way it is. just wanted to get More get up and go i guess and speed. out of the engine. I put an apc 12X10 on it and it seems to be to much for the engine and doesnt make it go faster. So i'm thinking about the 11X9 Apc which is a recomended prop. But i',m wondering if a 12X5 would be to small. and the engine would over rev since the pitch isn't in the recomended props for the enigine. i have a 13X5 on my other saito .62 and it seems to be perfect in power and thrust but its a real light biplane.. And i'm just trying to get a little more get up and go out of the trainer..

Well any thought on it would be nice to hear.