RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP Zero Makeover
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Baron243
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP Zero Makeover

MC,
I thought that the servos seemed a little noisy too, and I also pulled a gear train apart to check it out, and could find nothing wrong. I did notice that the gear teeth are all straight cut while some of the better quality servos that I've been used to using have some helical cut gears in them. That could be the difference right there as helical cut gears run smoother - you get what you pay for. I think that they will work just fine though for most applications except 3D.
I am very interested in how they perform in your giant Stinger. I used to have one of those with a G-62 on the nose and it had various servo combinations in it over the years. I had a single Hi Tec HS-635 on all the surfaces except rudder, running at 6v, and it flew fine; although it was much snapier when I later changed them out for HS-5645s which is what probably what led to its demise. (Left wing broke about a third of the way out at 200ft!) If you're running the stock strip ailerons, two servos are probably overkill, but it won't hurt anything and it will be interesting to see how well they stay in sync. What did you use to match them, just the TX ??

Robert