RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP Zero Makeover
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 12:47 PM
Baron243
My Feedback: (50)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP Zero Makeover

MC

I don't have the Zero yet. My buddy has one partially compleated that he lost interest in; and we are negotiating a deal. That's what origionally got me onto this thread. I'm currently working on a scratch built P-51 from a Dan Santich plan for which I have a set of Byron mustang retracts. The other problem I have with the Zero deal is that it needs a set of retracts. I heard that the Robarts were out of stock and back ordered, so I'm looking for alternatives. Jim mentioned that he is using H-9 retracts which I hadn't thought of. I don't have CG info on the Zero, but it should be at about 25% of the mean aerodynamic chord (M.A.C.) which I should be able to calculate if I have the length of the root and tip chord, the distance from root to tip, and the leading edge sweep angle, or the distance from the leading edge at the tip to a line drawn perpendicular to the root at the leading edge. (I hope that made sense!) This gives the planform layout from which the M.A.C. can be found.

Jim, how much work was it to retrofit those H-9 retracts, and which ones did you use?

Robert