RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 40 Trainer
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Blazer1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alpha 40 Trainer

In reading my comments keep in mind I am new at this myself, but a bonus to that is I have recently been down the very road your own myself. I purchased the Sig Kadet LT-40 as a trainer and have been very pleased with it, I know of nothing "wrong" with the Alpha 40 but do know a few things better on the LT-40.

1.) The LT-40 is bigger, you will learn this is a huge plus!!!
2.) The LT-40 uses wing bolts not rubber bands like the Alpha 40, nothing wrong with rubberbands, just more trouble.
3.) The LT-40 is "less ARF" than the Alpha, this may seem like a negative but you will learn more about the plane and skills you will need with planes to come.
4.) The LT-40 is more of a true trainer than the Alpha meaning it will fly easier for a first timer, my friend learned to fly on a Alpha 40 and although it flys fine it is more aerobatic than the LT-40.

Someone who prefers the Alpha over the LT-40 could easily make a list showing how the Alpha is superiour to the LT-40, this is just my opioun. Others who are more qualified will be along shortly to give their thoughts. By the way , I REALLY like Sig products!!