RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alpha 40 Trainer
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 11:31 AM
f_shawn68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alpha 40 Trainer

Welcome to the hobby. I too am new to flying and have read numerous posts on RCU. what I have found is, it doesnt matter what you like, someone will have a different opinion of it. In my many trips to the field, I have seen several trainers fly and every one of them flew great. Buying a plane is like deciding if you want Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Foreign........ etc. If you want the alpha, go and get it and you and your son will have a ball. Are you going to do the build yourself? I noticed you mentioned the arf. Or did you mean an RTF? Have you seen the new alpha with the spectrum radio? IMO, that would be an excelent starter as you dont have to worry about frequency conflict. If you can, get yourself a sim as well. It really makes a difference. I watched a guy at the club field on sunday make his first ever flight. He took off and landed and had only had time on the sim. He was hooked up to a buddy box, but the instructor never had to take the controls. Gook luck in your choice. Im sure you and your son will have alot of fun and its a great way to spend time with the kids.
Now go buy it and go flying.