RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 09:22 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue

ORIGINAL: dick Hanson

High temps and electronics are nothing new go under the hood of a modern auto - on a summer day
you will find 160 I was repairing a Ford Explorer-with a damaged front left fender - what do you thinkl I found under the fender skirting -outside the engine compartment?
yep - a module - for the brakes.
I can't beleive Futaba did a setup which won't withstand the heat in fuselages .
Did they?
this kind of thing should never make it past basic design.if indeed it did
I understand that the temps under the hood of a car are extreme but you know what when engineers are designing the electronics that go under the hood of a car they take that into consideration. How do I know this because I have a buddy that builds hardened cases for electronics. His job used to be determining if the electronics under the hood of a car could take the heat. If not they would either move it or put a hardened case on it to take the heat. He now designs the same things for the space program. Futaba probably never thought there would be a bunch of guys that would let their receivers get up to 160 degrees. Once again, I say this. If I can't stand the heat my airplanes don't need to be in it.

Patrick