RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 10:31 PM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue

ORIGINAL: superdave01

If a products fails in the inviroment for which its intended to use in then its a flawed design......

The question i wonder is how many cases of failure do we know of so far???
First we have to assume that the RX was designed to operate in an environment where it could exceed 160 degrees Fahrenheit, which I am not certain is the case. Simply using it in a certain manner does not mean that this was the intended use. Even using it as you used a previous design may not mean that it is being used as intended since the operating parameters may have changed. If they have I think it should have been stated clearly as such.

What we really need here is for Futaba in Japan to issue a statement of findings. Until then all we have is speculation.

And I too would like to know how many real life failures there are. I am not talking about failures under a heat gun or in an oven, but actual failures in a plane at the field. That seems to have gotten lost.

And to the same point I would like to know how many are NOT having issues despite operating in high heat areas. One thing that needs to be looked at is if there is anything that the failed installations have in common. And the same goes for installations where they are working fine.