RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jato Brakes
Thread: Jato Brakes
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 01:19 AM
Mspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jato Brakes

I need to see it. We are not on the same page. I have a idea what is wrong with your jato but your telling me its not it. I think your brakes are hanging up after you release them or they are on the whole time even when your off the brakes. I have seen it many times and its pretty easy to fix. You just take the block out of the tranny and clean the inside well and block too. Use a small flat head screw driver to really clean out the square hole were the block goes into the side cover of the tranny. Put it all back together and tighten the two brake hex screws down till they are very close to touching the metal brake calipers. If you tighten them gently just about touching the caliper pads, then back off a tiny bit it will keep the brakes from hangin up when you release them. What this does is prevent the block from pushing out too far to engage the brakes and getting stuck. Cleaning the block and square hole helps it slide without getting stuck. Also, by keeping the hex bolts close to tight, it gives the brake arm enough travel to engage full brakes without bottoming out against the tranny case. Now you just need to fine tune the brakes with the cam on the end of the brake linkage. If your still having problems you might need a new disc. Just get the integy one its a bit better than stock. Stock one is fine if you set it up right with the fuel/pen mod. My brakes can lock the tires easy and do not stick at all and never fade due to alot of high speed use. I have the orginial tranny case on my jato since I got it like 2 years ago.