RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the new 90-1.20 Yak QB
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Ferocious Frankie
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Introducing the new 90-1.20 Yak QB

ORIGINAL: TomTreese

I think I've asked this question before??? Have you noticed this??
When flying level and pull a hard up elevator the Yak always wants to roll right. I have checked my elevator throws and they appear to be moving the same amount and speed??[] If I add a little left aileron ,Pull the stick a little left whith the up, it's better but I'm not sure if it's a throw problem or airframe problem??

I am using a 17X6 APC on my Saito 150. Works fine for 3D and hovering as well as pattern. I want to try a 16X8 APC.
I previously tried an 18X6 and 18X8 MAS on my Saito 180 on the Ultimate and the engine didn't like that heavy prop. So I now have a 17X8 APC on the 180.
This is a specific trait of the plane. All and I mean all Yaks do this. My .90-1.20 Yak does this, a friends 50cc Yak does this, another friends 35% Comp Arf Yak-55 does this,... It's just something that is incorporated into the Yak's design. Full scale Yak pilots use a lot of rudder in their maneuvers beacuse of this trait. I think it has something to do with the round fuselage design. You have to live with it and correct it in flight.

For your prop, take a look at Vess Sport props. I had an APC 18x6W before and it was just too heavy and put too much of a load on the engine. Now I have a Vess 18x6 on mine and the combination of the lightness of the wood prop and the shape of the Vess propellers makes this thing really wring the plane around. Looottsss of powwweeerrrrr!!!

http://www.eastrc.org/shop.cgi/page=...211822823.1042