RCU Forums - View Single Post - G20 ei won't start anymore
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 04:55 PM
rodman293
Banned
My Feedback: (136)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G20 ei won't start anymore

Hi Medegre, listen to me I had the same thing happen to me with a FTL-45, (chinese eng) and like you I coud not get it started, after it was runing ok, and apprently for no reason, well let me tell you that after many hours of trying to resolve the problem, and many people in the internet trying to help me, I found the problem almost by mistake, I was going to check the half moon coter pin in the crankshaft where the flywheel with the magnet is, to se if it had sheared, but it was Ok, when I inspected it, I noticed that the crank seal was kinda crooked, and I removed it to inpect it, there is a little spring that looks like a round doughnut that goes on the inside part of the seal, and the spring was indeed broken, the seal was cracked too, without this small little spring the crank does not seal well, and it does not let the crankase pull a vacum, when the cylinder moves up and down, so the engine does not draw the fuel insde the cylinder, and it wont start no matter how many times you flip the prop, so what am telling you is, to test and see if the motor draws fuel into your carb, by choking it, you should see gas in your finger with no more than 2 or 3 flips of the prop, if you do not see your finger wet with gas when you choke it, or if it takes like 10 or more flips to draw gas in the carb, then you got a vacum leak in your motor some where, either one of your seals is bad, or one of your carburator gaskets is not sealing well, or you put the gaskets the wrong way, there is a vent hole in the carb, that has to go thru to the crank case, to act as a pump for your diaphram, in the carb to pump the gas into your carb, and if you put the gasket with the hole in the wrong place and blck the hole, the engine will not start, because is not drawing fuel in, I don't think that you CDI is bad, because they either work or not there is no midlle ground there, and your carb does not go bad, from a simple crash as you said you had, unless you cracked the carb mount or something like that, like I said check to see your seals are sealing, and your gaskets are not leaking, and then try to start the engine again, hope this helps . C Rod. (rodman293)