RCU Forums - View Single Post - Spektrum 2.4 Did You know? UPDATE Finally
Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spectrum 2.4 Did You know? I didn't!

the biggest problem I see is when people convert, they dont check their power system. If the voltage goes below 3.5 volts for any reason even for a few milli seconds, the receiver reboots. the newer ones recover quickly, but so far every problem I have personally traced down was an installation issue, except for one receiver that just went bad. It was an early 6100.

As you build your confidence, make sure your power systems are good and rated for the servos. Make sure the switch is good and the couplers are good. I saw a plane go in last weekend and it was dead when we got there. It looked like when a bird gets shot, it just froze and hit. I turned it over and the battery and radio tray was fully intact, but the power wire was hanging out slightly. thats all it took for the conversion to 2.4 to die. he blamed the radio until i pointed that out. I dont mean the systems are foolproof, but darn near everything I have personally seen is installation error. but thats just me.

thanks for bringing it to light about the amplifiers.

On your Y cords, keep them close to the receiver and run two wires back, and it will actually use less current overall.