RCU Forums - View Single Post - It Has Arrived!! Pretty Quick Too. **Some new tear down Pics**
Old 05-29-2008, 07:47 PM
JQuest64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: It Has Arrived!! Pretty Quick Too.

Well, ran some break in/tuning time. First thing I have to say is, 4WD flat out rocks.
Seriously.
I let it idle/easy run for about the first 15 minutes and let it cool down. Refilled the tank and gave it a once over.
Fired it up for a second time and in two pulls she lit up. Tweaked the idle and low speed a bit and for having no pipe the thing gets up. I did notice that I cannot get a full throw on the throttle with the stock radio gear. I will remedy that tomorrow when my items get here from Tower.

The truck handles extremely well and TBQH, runs over things I would not have attempted with my FG. 4WD makes a world of difference in these rigs, don't buy into that "2WD is more than enough for these scales".
It may be, until you run one with 4WD. My far back yard is well over grown and I drove into it by accident. Being the lazy one that I am I did not want to walk to retrieve it, so I drove through it. I could not see the truck, but I could see it clearing a path no problem.
Other things in my yard that meant a walk over to get the FG out of trouble, were tackled quite easy with the FS.
The FS definitely made a great first impression on me.

The suspension seems very plush and absorbs the bumps quite nicely. It also stays glued to the ground pretty well. In about an hour and a half of running, I didn't lid it once. Which is a good thing as I ran without the body on. Granted I did not go hog wild, but I was pushing it quite a bit in some corners to see how capable the rig is. Powers very nicely out of the corners and really tears up the place. Handling is a definite non issue.

The brakes worked extremely well also. Perhaps because they are new, but even with the stock servo, locking up the tires was done with ease.

Overall first impressions are outstanding, if the harder runs go as well as today did this truck is the steal of a lifetime, even in stock form.