RCU Forums - View Single Post - www.futabarc.com/faq Use it? helpful?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2002, 03:48 AM
RcNorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FAQ site

The site is pretty good, but I feel it is amied a bit too much at airplanes, not helicopters. I guess that makes sense as they are the majority of the flyers.

I have noticed that a couple of the posts are wrong. It looks like you started with the Zap's FAQ page and just changed the 9Z to a 9C for example, here is one of the items listed

"If I am using the DSC or if I have used the A or R key during turn-on to keep the transmitter from transmitting, do I still need to extend one section of the antenna or remove the module?

No. As long as the Tx is not transmitting the module can be in place with the antenna fully collapsed and there is no problem"

This is definately not a 9C FAQ.

There was a lot of good questions posted on the 9C futaba group that you may want to look at adding, such as how to switch modes other than mode 2. How to change the stick tension, can the springs be upgraded, How to copy a pitch curve from idle 1 to idle 2.

I also found that some of the links take you to a page that has a lot of information on them, that are not on the initial FAQ page. One example is from "I own a 6X (or 8U or 9Z or 9C) airplane radio. I want to use it with helicopters. How do I get it changed?"

One question is "How can I put expo or a curve into my throttle channel to give me linear throttle reaction? " The answer says to simply add expo to channel three, but channel three isn't an option in the expo menu.

Overall the FAQs are pretty good, but I will still go to RcUniverse or to the 9C Yahoo group to get an answer from other flyers. Because we all know that end users will always find a way to do things that the manufacture says are not possible.

Dean