RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Contenders 1/10th Scale Electric Touring Cars
Old 05-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Southern Cross

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Top Contenders 1/10th Scale Electric Touring Cars

I think I've got my heart set on getting a Tamiya. I've been building Tamiya models since I was a kid...and their models are the best I've built. I checked out an older Tamiya touring kit at the LHS today...and it looks like their attention to detail is applied to the RC world too. No luck speaking with the locals today. All off-road and heli junkies there today. I think I'm going to get one of the many TA-05 kits...if I choose to go the sensible route...being that its my first real tourer...but the tech junkie in me will probably win over and I'll go for one of the TRF415 or TRF416 kits. I've been digging trying to find out what differences are between the TRF kits. There are quite a few of them. The Marc Rheinhard edition looks like its a winner...well I guess it literally was a winner. I just need to find some good reviews on the various Tamiya kits to find out what the ins and outs are. Some of the TA-05 kits cost as much as the TRF kits. I'll keep you guys filled in to let you know your help is not going to waste! Thanks again.