RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 02:00 PM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue

I have re-read my 9C, 9Z and 12Z manuals and related material that came with each system.

The 9Z manual makes no mention of heat when installing an Rx.

The 9C manual says to avoid extreme temperatures.

The 12Z manuals says nothing - the 12Z 2.4Ghz supplement provides the same basic language as the 9C - and says to avoid extreme temperatures - to mount the Rx as you did previous Rxs with the exception of the two antennas at 90 degrees.

There is no defininitive spec of what an extreme temperature is contained in any of the manuals or literature. The 60 degree C temp has been mentioned as extreme, but I have not found it in any Futaba literature.

The problem I have with using my 12Z on 2.4Ghz is one of am I willing to gamble everthing I own - that I could lose in a lawsuit if the worst happened. I can imagine being on the witness stand with a lawyer asking me why I was using a Futaba 12 Z with the 2.4 Ghz module and Rx.

Well you honor, I had read that there may be a problem with losing control of my 26 pound aircraft, but I didn't believe what I read - I thought it was all baloney - why Futaba is a great company - even though they wouldn't answer some direct questions about their product - wether or not there was a problem - even after a month of investigating. Yes I know that such a problem can be looked at in several days by a competenet engineering staff like I work with every day, but golly gee, these guys are in Japan - no your honor, I didn't think what I read was true and Futaba was good stuff. Sorry about hitting that kid riding a bike, but I don't think I am liable here.....

I just don't like to gamble - perhaps some do. Your choice.

Dan