RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6014 receiver heat issue

ORIGINAL: superdave01

"due dilligence", your SO right ..... would shift blame to the truly RESPONSIBLE source!

For me there is only ONE way to go, JR with model match but the Futaba's that dont seem to have common problems seem to be just as reliable. So far i see as many bad as i do good.

2.4 frees me from worring about park fliers, Its kewl that the reciever ONLY listens to YOUR transmitter. ( except for those Futaba transmitters programmed with a common ID )

Several at my field on Futaba are talking about switching to JR/Spektrum..... Futaba really needs to catch up on problems AND do some kinda of model match, but we should have had modle match with pcm years ago.

I still see no reply from Futaba and the post ive done that werent all positive got deleted, Thats just plain wrong and will cost many planes and maybe a life or two .... open discussion is the only way to make the best of this, a forum that is a propaganda machine should be illegal!
Too many people are getting their knickers in a knot over this temperature issue and dredging up lame bogeyman scenarios as reasons to say Futaba has a problem with the 6014FS receiver.

Some of you girls need to look around your shop and read, yes READ, the spec sheets that come with equipment you are using. Most electronic manufacturers provide a nominal temperature operating range and some RC manufacturers do also. It might surprise many that some servos, batteries, power boxes, battery backers, regulators, etc., have the same +60C (some less) max temp specified as the Futaba receiver!

So get a grip people and stop carping about a temp range that is common in our hobby. Our gear isn’t military spec so learn to isolate and protect your equipment from the -40C to +60C range.

And to the high dollar carpers in these forums flying 3W gassers, go read the copy silkscreened right on the ignition module….yup….Operating range -40C to +60C!

Get over it or go buy another brand if that makes you happy (sorry, but the operating temperature range is still the same).