RCU Forums - View Single Post - My airplane gets into these tight on a dime uncontrolled maneuvers.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:50 PM
flyX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My airplane gets into these tight on a dime uncontrolled maneuvers.

yes all of the able as you mentioned.

when flying into the wind..add more power and don't pull or make big stick movment.
The model will want to lift to begin with , but if you don't have enough power and increase the AOA
it'll stall the wing or go into a tip stall if you happen to be banking (what you term as tight manuvers)
and a gust of wind hits the model. You first instink is to pull..but that'll make it drop even faster.lol

Pretend you're driving on an enter state (freeway) when making lane changes or going around a turn.
You don't yank the steering wheel..the same as you're model.

You might be making you turns too tight without enough power or air speed.

To practice recoverying from a stall . i fly 3-4 mistake high. bascailly do a stall turn or a snap roll.
You will become more aware when the wing stops flying for a brift moment.
You allow the model to head towards the earth to gain air speed (not pull up) to generat lift for the wing
again. This happens brifely , but most important ,is to learn not to panic if the wing stalls for a moment.

Maybe get a Duraplane...something that will survive and won't break as easliy as wood to get you
to gain more experince or stick time. That's what trainers are suppost to be, a TOOL. A sturdy tool is what
some people neeed.

I got one after crashing 2-3 wood models at first
I crashed the duraplane at least 20times after that and it was still fly able