RCU Forums - View Single Post - My airplane gets into these tight on a dime uncontrolled maneuvers.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:05 PM
n19htmare
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My airplane gets into these tight on a dime uncontrolled maneuvers.

ORIGINAL: Tissan

FlyX
To practice recoverying from a stall . i fly 3-4 mistake high. bascailly do a stall turn or a snap roll.
You will become more aware when the wing stops flying for a brift moment.
You allow the model to head towards the earth to gain air speed (not pull up) to generat lift for the wing
again. This happens brifely , but most important ,is to learn not to panic if the wing stalls for a moment.
you mean to minimize throttle and let it fall to gain air speed?
most of the time i do recover from these manuevers, just most of the time....

Alex
If you're still running the 46ax, you'd be VERY surprised how much power it's got. Drop the throttle and let the plane fly slow and easy. Yeah, it's not gonna buzz and saw through the air but it will fly. A slow smooth flight will give you a lot time to make slight adjustments. Turning a corner in your car is a lot easier if you're driving slower. Somewhat of a same principle applies here. Cut back the throttle to where the plane is still flying (not stalling) and you can do slow smooth turns.

The way you described it, it seemed you were doing full throttle flying to fight the wind but remember when the plane is going WITH the wind at full throttle.... and you have maximum throws on your control surface, you can kiss that plane bye bye if you're a newbie. The plane will indeed be over stressed and can go out of control.

Take it slow, 46ax is a great engine that will fly nearly any 40 size plane at 1/2 or even 1/4 throttle.

Good luck on your next plane.