RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sundowner 50 Results. JETT 60 LX
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 10:48 AM
darren94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundowner 50 Results. JETT 60 LX

SUNDOWNER 50 Test results.

I maidend my SD 50 yesterday. I went with the JETT 60LX high performance set up. http://jettengineering.com/sundowner.html and pretty much followed their setup. I had a mishap on the first flight and the plane went into the trees. But amazingly, there was NO damage. The cowl came loose and melted to the spinner causing the engine to bog then stall on my approach and i didnt have enough speed to make it over the trees onto the runway. Anyway, i put her back in the air with the JETT on a 10x6 apc tuned a little rich to 19000 ground rpm. The first pass was into a 5-8 MPH head wind at 129.7MPH. The second was with the wind at 138.8MPH off a slight dive. This set up is crazy. Tunning was a bit tough but its dialed in now! The Stalker hand held radar was used for all the tests. Later as the wind died, we did numerous level passes with no added tail wind. The results were all in the 135-137 range. I am very impressed with this set up and the best part is that it settles down very nicely for the landing. Also, these were all performed with NO COWL OR SPINNER. So, i cant wait until next weekend to use a 9x8 and have more aerodynamics. hopefully 140+!!!!