RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dragonus II
Thread: Dragonus II
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 11:53 PM
xodarap1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dragonus II

what carbon blades are you running? how do you like that danlions setup, and how hot is your motor after you fly?
I'm running HDX 325 carbons on it, although the stock wood blades performed great. I'm not running a danlion setup. I got the HDX 3800 but am now testing an Esky 3800 on it with the 12T pinion. I tried it with an 11T and it ran too hot. My next stop will be to try the 13T on it to see what the temps will be like with the tc's dialed back. The motor gets warm now with the 12T, but not hot after flights. If i crank up the head speed in S2 and push hard tic tocs, the 30A HobbyWing ESC gets hot, so I've dialed things back a bit and usually fly two packs in the Dragon with a mix of S1 and S2, then switch over to the other helis while it chills out. I'm still looking for the perfect motor pinion setup that will allow me to run high tc's and push the heli hard for back to back packs without overheating the motor and/or ESC. It's not a heavy heli so I should be able to find a solid combo soon. But what an awesome heli for the money.