RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm being shunned for hovering at my club!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:47 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default I'm being shunned for hovering at my club!

I lost a plane due to someone hovering on the runway when I called deadstick. My spotter and he went into a shouting match.
He felt it was his god given right to fly anywhere he pleased and that I wasn't going to make the runway anyway. I quess I was inferrior to a guy that can't fly strait and level....He had an attitude.

Still does - This summer we are having a 3D showdown. Don't take it outside, take to the air, right? Combat anyone????

Anyway....

I hover too, but not on the figgin runway!!!! To me, it shows inconsideration and also risks safety.

Use a spotter!!!! I see a lot of guys flying 3D alone and are so involved in the flight they lose perspective to whats around them. And can get kinda crabby when interrupted. I have to have a spotter, puts me at ease to know someones watching my back.

Same day, same fly-in, same jerk lost control of his 1/3 scale 232 and into the flightline he went. So no, 3D is not safer than making high speed fly-bys.

It does make me upset to learn that there are clubs banning 3D and Helis altogether. You guys are right, everyone needs to be tolerant of each other and give and take equally or don't play in the sandbox.