RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm being shunned for hovering at my club!
Old 05-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm being shunned for hovering at my club!

I had a Lanier predator a few months back, people wouldnt fly with me due to the speed, but they loved to see it fly. I took it to a airshow and had people complain about my horrible flying and the "bad" shape it was in. the said i flew over the pits low inverted, ect. They thought if they talked to the club president of my club , he would stop me from flying it, he laughed and said I had been flying it for several months.

I havent been told i shouldnt or couldnt do any thing. I have a lazy bee and love to do donuts with it, if anyone is flying ill ask if i can do donuts and continue on my depending to what they say.

I have been called a bad pilot and a bad builder, same club as the one i just mentioned, a guy saw my midwest citabria lose its wing in flight and he made sure I knew about it here on RCU. there was a faliure in the wood, bet he didnt look at that. Thats a club I plan to never return to.

Know how ya feel in a way, but just let them know how you feel and there are no rules that say hovering is no permitted on the runway , to my knowledge, and if so find it.