RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm being shunned for hovering at my club!
Old 05-09-2003, 05:33 PM
ReallyUglyStick
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm being shunned for hovering at my club!

was that supposed to be a pot shot at me? i'm humble enough to know that no matter how good i am, there's always someone better. as for understanding, and the safety issue...sure...it's safe to hover 10 or 15 feet in front of someone standing at a flight station. believe whatever you want. i was recently priveledged enough to see an awesome pilot at our funfly. he was flying a huge 40% something or another, and the skys cleared when he went up. he was/is damn good. nobody would have said anything if he decided he wanted to hover over the runway during his demos. HOWEVER, he decided that in the interest of safety he would hover out over the field, 50 ft or so beyond the runway, where he would have been safe even if other pilots were flying.
like i said above: i'm not against hovering, i am against those stupid enough to believe it's safe to do it right over the runway in front of other people trying to control their planes. what do you say when someone loses control of their plane because they were too busy keeping an eye on your meat grinder right in front of them? what do you say when someone takes their $5 spad and purposely runs it through your hovermachine because you weren't considerate enough to see their side of the situation?
you joined the club and in doing so you promised to abide by ALL the rules, and i'm sure you'll find something about a pattern in those rules.

:edited to remove a heat-of-the-moment comment.