RCU Forums - View Single Post - I'm being shunned for hovering at my club!
Old 05-09-2003, 08:44 PM
BAD ANDY
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a point is a point

I have read good and bad points on this issue. I can understand both sides of the coin. And now, myself and Stomper have been asked to hover and tail tap at one end of the feild. Yes i was pissed at first when I heard, and I actually only cut a small patch of grass and painted circles in that patch for tail touching and finally decided to cut the rest of the feild.

I can see what makes people nervous but please think of it from my side also. I get nervous when the "club" looks to me to maiden flight a new persons plane, or train someone to fly. That must mean that I am a compitant pilot, I did not say great so dont think I did. Also makes me nervous for a person to fly that has lost all depth perception. This can go on and on. I apologize for rambling, but just always remember that the coin has 2 sides.

And for what it is worth, the pilots that can hover and torque roll and tail touch didnt learn it overnight and are generally some of the best pilots in the club, and usually you will find these pilots at the feild more so than lets say a scale pilot etc. These are just my thoughts and concerns, mine not yours so dont try to crucify me for these.. Thanks, and have a great one, BAD ANDY