RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier 94" Yak help
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier 94" Yak help

ORIGINAL: matfree

Does anyone have a picture of the da-100 or dl-100 mounted on the firewall with the Cowl on. Trying to deside on 100cc or 85cc dont want to cut the cowl but would like to see what the 100cc's would look like and how they fly????? THanks Matt
I Don;t know how you guys with the twins are going to get enough air through the cowl to cool them. I know I will be gutting the bottom of mine, for sure. It may have to be braced with cf and overlayed glass , just for support. The only way I can see getting enough air through is opening the bottom completely, or fabbing a rear facing scoop.

Some very delicate dremeling of the louvres may help , too...[:-][:-]

Even baffled , where would the air go in a twin install? And have a larger exit than entrance is near impossible.

I really think a healthy motor is going to need this cowl to be swiss cheese....um, Russian style

I am just going attack mine with the dremel and Sharpie marker and see how it turns out. If the bottom, after being gutted, makes the cowl flimsy, I can lay cf rod around the perimeter of the hole and glass over it. Pain in the butt, but I can;t see another way....

Anyone?