RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4 strokes
Thread: 4 strokes
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Don41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4 strokes

ORIGINAL: waterloged

I have 2 Magnum 91s, and a 70 4 stroke The 90 have been fantastic. I have over 30 gallons of fuel through tthe one and all i have done to it is adjust the valves and the carb. last year the oldest one just started losing power and needs rebuilt but it does have over 30 gallons of fuel through it. the new'st 91 has been real good also but the 70 really has been junk. i can'nt keep it running or keep the carb adjusted. It just doesn't seem to be any good. The 91's broke in quick and good. the 70 who knows. The ST 2 stroke will be quicker too. I'm sticking with Saito on my big ones.
Good luck
This seems to be a trend (as least the way I see it). Magnums are either great and will run forever or they are full of bugs right from the factory. I have some Saito and OS four strokes and they have always been quality from day one.

Of course,, if I had run across a bad one I'd be singing a different tune (:-).

My brother bought a 50 size four stroke Magnum and he has had a lot of problems with it. The first one arrived with no compression. You literally could not tell the difference with or without the glow plug installed. The factory sent a replacement but we have yet to get it to run consistently smooth. It seems to have its good days and bad days. The low speed adjustment screw has no resistance to moving so it looks as though it could easily change settings from vibration. Possibly it was assembled at the factory incorrectly?

In my opinion you should stick with the Saito or OS