RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Day with my 2.4ghz camera
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 04:31 PM
headhunter23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: First Day with my 2.4ghz camera

Actually with the ls70 there is maybe a 10th of a second lag, was watching tv with it to see how the video does. It's barely noticeable but I guess if your in an emergency situation it would count maybe? Testing out the airplane this morning at 7am. Worked out fine but I really hate the multiplex connectors, you know the set screw for the end of the steel rod from the servo's? I swear the best way to lock those is to delicately Dremel a smidgen for the set screw to sit. I had the elevator slowly make it's way loose during the runs. Kept tightening, kept loosening. Looks kinda like the one aileron slipped a bit too. I think that's my only real gripe with multiplex, they should be the type of connectors where the steel is screw style then there is this plastic clip that locks in. Much better design. When will the Germans learn to perfect these kits!!!!!

Camera goes on tonight maybe... if the wind dies down enough... been bloody windy for 2 days now. Only got a couple runs in this morning!

Hey here's a question for ya, am probably going to post on rc-cam.com too...

What if I striped camera of all but necessary components. Full body, lcd, cap for flash, flash, batt compartment all gone, then lightly ca glue thing to how it would be setup if it were encased. Then make a box about same size, jam camera in and fill box with high density foam that's used for houses(can't remember the name right now). Would the foam build up some sort of static electricity and wreak components? Just think it would be A. durable, b. way lighter.

Also about the range of new setup, I would personally be happy with 10km flawless but yea 50km or so would be icing. I guess when they pump this out their going to try and up the video stuff too I guess, good news for us!

Ivan.