RCU Forums - View Single Post - US 41 Foaming
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 AM
jagnweiner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default US 41 Foaming

I am new to gas this year. I just maidened my new Giant Aeromaster with a US 41 and the stock ARF tank. It has a 2 line system with a Sullivan fuel valve in the supply line for fueling. It uses a heavy brass clunk for fuel pickup. I had problems with inconsistent running at higher rpms. I decided to run it at home with the cowl off to set the needles on the carb. While watching the fuel line, I discovered that although there are no problems when idling, the fuel foams like crazy when I advance the throttle. I'm pretty sure it's foam coming through, not bubbles from an air leak.

I did a search of threads in this forum and found advice re: padding the tank, felt clunks (with debate). Here's my dilemna: The stock tank is one that fits through holes in the formers and is secured via rubber bands in the back. I can see how it would transmit a lot of vibration, but I don't think I can pad the tank without going to a smaller or different shaped tank. Should I go ahead and do that or try a felt clunk first? Which do you think would be more effective?

Thanks,