RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pictures of my Wife's T-Maxx 2.5
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2003, 02:47 AM
studysession

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures of my Wife's T-Maxx 2.5

This thing rocks. But remember with lowering center of gravity - you do not do as many wheelies. Can still do the big jumps and stuff. Corners great.

It can still flip - but not as often. My wife can not drive, so I had to do it for her.

Step 1> You take apart the shock and take out the 1 centimeter spacer, part number 3768 in the exploded view of the shock in the documentation for TMaxx.

Step 2> Cut 1/2 inch fuel line. You need to cut 8 of these. One for each shock. It is important to cut them all EXACT SAME length. You are going to slide these over the shaft if the shock, part number 2656 or 2656T in the manual. This will be put inside where the shock oil is. This will limit how far the shock can extend.

Step 3> Finish putting shocks back together, same way they were taken apart.

Step 4> Fill with shock oil and it is important to make sure all bubbles are worked out. I made a shock holder out of card board box top and let them set over night once I worked all bubbles out.

Important note: when shocks are put back together, make sure when you compress the shocks, there is no squeak noise. If you have squeacking there are still air bubbles inside.

Once it is back together that is it - I will upload some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	77532_33316.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	46189