RCU Forums - View Single Post - ARF / KIT Difference Discussion
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ARFs versus kits

I wonder if there are any of these topics in the building forum? I may have to start one to see their side of this matter.......kick....kick.

To stay on topic I just spent 4 hours recovering a kit that was built by someone else. When tearing off the old covering I noticed that he did a poor job gluing and fitting parts. Also in some spots it was appartent he was in a hurry. This alone says a lot about builders in general. Some take their time and others just can't wait to fly. I have 2 kits planes and they are both opposite in that they were built by 2 totally different people. One guy was very meticulous and the other a bragger. The guy would built this plane I just recovered is a mouthy arrogant person who brags about his marvelous planes he builds......good thing they are covered! No one can see the poor job under his covering. He also is the same guy who crashes a lot and looks around like someone hit him. Fact is that his wing broke in mid flight.....no radio hit. I was filming it and got it on tape. He of course won't admit it was his fault....but we know differently. So all in all I guess a kit is only as good as the guy building it.....same goes for arf's.