RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-MAXX 4908 OR 4909?
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 01:25 PM
bigblock454XXL
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: T-MAXX 4908 OR 4909?

Good day everyone. I myself am very happy with the NEW tmaxx #4908. The price is cheaper because of the missing reverse. Not many people take the time to truely realize the amount of missing parts due to the reverse being gone. Reverse servo, servo horn, linkage, rubber boot, arm inside tranny and gears. And maybe a couple more. Differences are extended chassis, which means longer drive shafts and chassis braces, bigger tires and wheels and of course extended body. I just drilled more holes in my silverado bodies since there's about 2 1/2 inch difference. I also have the old version Tmaxx 3.3. I'm in the process now of changing my FOC tranny in the 4909 to the new 2 Speed FO out of the 4908 tmaxx.

(Forgot to mention I now have a O.S. Max .21RG bigblock on the 4908.) Even after 10 tanks through the 3.3 it's just now getting managable. If anyone out there has problems after your breakin with the 3.3, don't give up. 7 tanks of breakin isn't enough. Rumor is, it takes 10 for the 3.3 to get good and a lot of old timers swear by it!

I don't have any complaints from either. Although. . . . . . the 4908 is a pain because the exhaust comes out the side and sprays residue all over tire, rim, a-arms, axles and the bulkheads. And of course as the tires on the 4909, Two of the tires on the 4908 have come unglued. No big deal since I enjoy working on mine.

As for the best? I will go with the NEW version #4908. The greatest thing is most tmaxx parts are interchangable, except for the chassis, chassis braces, drive shafts and body.