RCU Forums - View Single Post - Badius Owners Club III
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 01:38 AM
rcverse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Hey Tim if you still in the market for an EPP plane looks like GWS/ICON has come out with an AT-6 made of EPO like EPP... think its actually Elapor but can't find many details on it other than its white and NPS..... check it out ....
[link=http://www.caliberhobby.com/airplanekits.html#t6kits]AT-6[/link]

Hey AJ.... just caught the WH vid.. I take it the motor is the stock 380 brushed, and you just changed the batts.... along with the thrust angle..... any idea which way it changed, ....up or down??? mine appears to have a bit of up angle in the stock setup..... but for that matter I wasn't using the motor, I was just sloping...... but yeah, mine seems to have very little travel on the stabs .....which are pretty small surfaces to boot.... but compared to the AB and Skyhawk they're pretty proportional in size, to the WS.... but the WH is massive in wing area and that fuse compared to the AB or Skyhawk..... guess can either increase throws or inc. stab areas... looks like the servo arms are pretty short,

but also noticed my rudder travel is one sided!!! .... that could be a major factor, and the push rod drags on the back arm... not helping matters!!! And that off center travel fits as it did seem to be worse in right turn now that think about it....so centering the servo should help don't know it there is a centering screw on these cheapos, but looks like a little surgery in order....
Well no centering screw, but reset the bellcrank on the servo to help center the travel and looks pretty even at least.... should help.... also seeing the live hinges ripped on one side of the elev now, along with fuse cracked in front of tail.... all in all sounds like time for a tape job... just got a fresh supply of hockey tape for hinges... even got a roll of phat tape with smilies!!! Have this thing looking better than Ken's formosa in no time Smiles.......

Hey GG.... still haven't figured out quiet what the VTOL is coming too.... haven't seen the inspiration.... but Air and Space did a pretty good article on the Osprey, and think they said had to go to computer controls, FBW,..... to maintain attitude in transition.... and those props look pretty large diamwise.... about half a heli rotor....... but the jarhead pilots love em.... Maybe get on Smithstonian Air and Space web site and see if can find the article..... if not, I still got it buried here somewhere........

Well all this gay territory is bit exaggerated in my experience..... ever lived in Manhattan??? In fact I'd say it's pretty even spread, just gets more show on the west coast.... and my attitude is, the more gay guys, just the more straight women for me, sure worked in SF..... later