RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 1.50 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2008, 11:05 AM
cwharper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hangar 9 1.50 P-51 Build

ORIGINAL: tsyssa

I know exactly what you are talking about...I saw that weld and I might re weld mine. (Im used to doing micro TIG work...so its not really difficult.)

Dont know why they do not have more weld going around....actually I do know why...time and cost...but the small amount of time spent would make it much better.
Glad to hear someone else is having problems with the stock crap retracts. I've had two of the welds come off. Both times on take-off. The first resulted in damage to my expensive spinner. The second, resulted in a nose-over. Both because the wheel had no support to keep it in alignment when the weld broke.

Now, I've received some 704's from Springair, but they will no where near fit in there without major modification. The strut he sent was too short, and the retract itself looks much smaller than the stock. The funny thing is, I personally talked to them on the phone and explained what plane I had.

However, upon closer look, the 404's look like they might be a closer fit. Springair doesn't provide dimensions for their 700 series retracts.

Has anybody tried spring air retracts on the NEW version of this P51D?

Yes, I know there is a lengthy discussion on retracts from the OLD thread, but it doesn't really apply to the NEW version plane because the mount is totally different.