RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat
Old 06-21-2008, 07:18 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat

Hello to all,
Just wanted to let everone concerned that Futaba has a very big problem with thier recievers. myself and a friend just recently purchased the module and recievers for our airplanes. I have yet to install mine but my friend installed his in a comp Arf Yak the 100cc size. I was flying my airplane and standing on the flight line when my friend started his airplane getting ready to fly he started to taxi out to the taxi way and the plane lost signal and went full throttle the plane missed me by inches and then it chewed thru another airplane that was landing and went off down the runway and demolished itself. We were very lucky no one was hurt.

When we got the airplne back to the pits we started troubleshooting it and what we found was nothing at first the plane was responding everyting was fine, i told my friend to do a range chek and when he started to walk away the plane stoped responding he walked back to the plane and still nothing. We turned everything off and checked out other things like the batteries and switches still nothing. Then we power the plane back up and to our supprise eveything seemed to ok, so he worked the gimbles and in about 1 min. the reciever went to red state. Then we check the tem of the reciever and it was at 143 degrees then we shut everything back down and let the reciever cool down and try to repeat the problem, we installed the canopy and wala within 1 min the reciever stoped responding again check the tem of the reciever again and it was at 140 degrees.

I had started a thread on futaba forum 3 or so weeks ago about a problem with a reciever failure at Joe Nall due to heat and this was BAX's response.

Futaba has been made aware of the claims and is looking into them.

Bill Baxter, Manager Hobby Services/Futaba Service/North America
3002 N. Apollo Dr. Ste. 1 Champaign, IL 61822 USA
Service Phone: 217 398-0007
Email: [email protected]

Futaba has been selling a product that has no place in our hobby. Had I gotten hit by this airplane I would be suing Futaba. They need to recall these recievers and and refund all of us our money or fix the problem.