RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat
Old 06-21-2008, 10:18 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat

Again this is not my plane but a friend of mine. The reciever was mounted on top of a power expander no foam was used around the reciever.

It was sitting under canopy, but so were the batteries. It would be fine untill we would pull the pin from the switch and from that point on the reciever would start heating up.when it hit 140 degrees it would stop responding to the transmitter. This temp was measured on the outside of the case, so i would think the inside temp on the components would be more.

I don't know about you guys but if i see people reporting failures and i have heard of a few, and now I have seen one with my own eyes that gives me no confidence in that product, and i don't want to loose one of my planes because of a reciever that should not be out there. The risk is too great for me now Anybody want to purchase 2 new still in the box R608FS recievers, that is if i cannot return them, I may also have TM-8 Module and another reciever if tower will not give me credit for these.