RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 1.50 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Tisoy909
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Hangar 9 1.50 P-51 Build

Hey Kahloq,
I think chances are, the rpm drop you were getting was because the keleo came loose during flight and not just knocked off during the belly landing. I had a similar experience on my Frankie. When I was reading your explanation about the rpms dropping it sounded awfully familiar. turns out that it was just the exhaust nut on my keleo had come lose, so i had to re-tighten it again for the 3rd or 4th time. I have been using blue loctite, but i think i'll have to find something better this time. Also, on my tip stall accident which i had a few weeks back , i noticed the keleo was knocked completely off or detached from the head when i walked up to the plane. At first thought it had stripped the exhaust port threads completely since it was no longer attached, but believe now that it had actually come loose in preparation of the tip stall landing..... anyhow. That keleo is proving to be a problem with unscrewing in flight and gotta figure out what i can do to keep it from unscrewing in the future, i might also trim it down some to prevent it from shearing out the head if it has to hit ground hard again...... fingers crossed.
Louie