RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat
Old 06-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Hirobofly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 608FS reciever locout/failure due to heat

Well, if this was a pilot-error, the pilot would probably be banned from the site or get some sort of reaction, so they have all to win to make this a equipment-failure to have something to blame. At least make it plausible...
Also it seems a bit strange that a post like that emerges after the same person tried to make a case for 3 weeks ago, but did not perhaps get the response he wanted. -Now suddenly there is a "case" he can use.
So, I would say they have an agenda.

I also noted that in that post that for some reason the throttle should go from idle to full throttle when the receiver "stopped responding". They also claim they reproduced the "problem" that they now claim to be temperature-related, but do not mention anything about the throttle goes from idle to full every time. Did the throttle move?? -I think not.
Now they try to make it look exactly like the "problems" with the 6014 receiver to support the agenda.

For sure something happend that day, but it could might as well be pilot-error. Or problem with another unit.

Another thing; The powerbox/power-expander used in this model, is it new? There have been some post about that such units does not like the lower signal-voltage from the Futaba-receivers, and this could cause erratic behavior. Could this unit be the cause?
Also if the powerbox produces heat, it is just stupid to mount anything on top of it.

It is almost impossible to get the hole picture, as people do many strange things and nobody likes to accept that they did something stupid. So, the "facts" they provide regarding installation can not be verified.

I've been in this hobby for over 20 year, and I've seen many strange problems and a huge number of pilot-errors (and done my share as well of stupid things!) and several of those have caused potentially dangerous situations. In most cases the problem is a combined mix of pilot-error and technical installation problems. But since the pilot also is responsible of the technical installations, most problems here are then related to the pilot-error issue.....

In many cases the cause for the problem was never found since the model was total wreck, and I see that it is easy then to blame a manufaturer and try to make them prove that it was not the cause. If the manufaturer cannot prove it, well then they are to blame....... Or?
Or to make them self feel better; start a post of bashing a vendor in different forums and demanding answers. Also when they hide behind words like "safety" and "just informing others about the problem", etc it is a good idea to start asking if this is a really true story. Something happend, but perhaps not exactly like it is being told in that post......

Hirobofly