RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Hangar 9 1.50 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 03:52 PM
GSK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hangar 9 1.50 P-51 Build

Hi Guys ,
Thanks for the response .

My problem is that having had a lot of experience over many years Designing and building the tooling to make Sheet metal products and the like ,I had greater expectations of the product after first viewing the Kit retracts. Or am I a victim of the advertising on the box

Quote " Hanger 9,s revolutionary HEAVY DUTY Retracts . ???? Now that Is false advertising and I presume In the USA Is Illegal is it not ?

So perhaps if I had known just how much an inferior product they were and the expense that they did put me through I would have reassessed my options before purchasing the kit .
I even bought a second set to replace the broken welds and cracked broken legs etc In the hope that I could make them last a reasonably time.
So when the Linkages started to allow the leg to extend and cause a hang up while flying consequently burning out a $70 plus servo I had had enough .
It would have been better If there were no retracts In the Kit at all .

The good thing Is that we have put out our experiences on this thread allowing fellow modelers to see what they are getting Into .
They can then make their own judgments based on the experience of others which Is what the forum is about

I have been Modeling for the best part of 40 years and In the process of finishing off a 1/5th scale pica mustang with decent retracts so with another coat of epoxy resin and more sanding it Is not far away . Then onto the full build Topflight P47 also with Robarts which I have In the box.
Regards G